Here's something I've been working on for a little while - my counts-as Marbo. I wanted to get across the idea of a cold-blooded, emotionless killer as described in the background, but a slightly more twisted take on it.
The fully-enclosed face was chosen to remove personality from the model, and his poisoned weapon is a pair of wrist-mounted syringes - his victims suffer a swift, clinical death, in line with the way I imagine the character.
I used green stuff to make his wrist weapon, as well as modifying his backpack and gun. Plasticard was used for various parts.
He's made from a lot of different parts, apart from the plasticard and Green Stuff. The bits used are:
- Cadian heavy weapons helmet with visor.
- Respirator from Cadian Command Squad sprue, with hose cut off.
- Cut down lasgun.
- Catachan Vox-caster backpack (cut down).
- Catachan legs.
- Cadian Torso.
- Cadian arms (I can't remember which ones, in particular).
- His left fist is a cut-down one from the grenade launcher hand (the one holding the handle).
- His melta bomb is, as I found out afterwards, represented by a Tau Photon grenade (I've added a few bits to it, so hopefully it won't be so recognizable).
- The ripper pistol barrel is from a vox-caster's antenna.
- The round bit on the back of the ripper pistol is cut from a bipod from the heavy weapons sprue.
- The demolition charge is from Forgeworld.
- A couple of frag grenades from the Cadian troops.
Let me know what you think! I'll post an update as soon as I've painted him, but it could take a while - he doesn't currently feature in my 1,500 point list, so isn't a high priority!